Lavender Pick It Yourself 2017
Date: 19. June 2017 - 25. June 2017
How long the tour is: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
The Lavender Pick It Yourself event is organised depending on the time of blooming, while stocks last, within a marked area of the day.
The employees of the Balaton-felvidéki National Park Directorate await everyone on the lavender field located next to the road leading to Tihany village. You can pick lavender while enjoying the beautiful view of the flowering lavender field, then you can take home the lavender you harvested yourself.
Location: Along the road No 7117, which leads to Tihany village (junction to Gödrös) GPS: 46.919750, 17.864778
Participants can buy a harvest bag at the site. It is possible to pick lavender only in a harvest bag purchased at the site. There is no other fee of lavender picking besides the price of the bag.
Previous registration is not needed!
Entrance to the lavender field and taking photos there is free of charge.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that drones can be used on Tihany Peninsula only with the previous permission of the competent authorities.
Parking: Parking by car is free next to the lavender field. Parking is forbidden on the section next to the lavender field of the road No 7117 (the road leading to Tihany village). Please follow the directions of the Rangers of the Balaton-felvidéki National Park Directorate, who give you information at site regarding parking possibilities, free parking places.
Buses are not even allowed to stop for the time until passengers get off or get on the bus! Buses can park or stop in the parking lot opposite the Fogas Csárda (Fogas Restaurant, Tihany, Kossuth L. u. 9.), or along the road No 71, in the parking lot at the junction of roads No 71 and No 7117 (the road leading to Tihany village).
As part of the Lavender Weeks, parallel with the Pick It Yourself event, lavender oil distillation show and handicraft workshop is planned for visitors in the Lavender House Visitor Centre, located in Tihany, on the shore of Belső-tó (Inner Lake).
Conditions of participation:
1. Purchase of a harvest bag, which costs 1.500 HUF/bag (size: 22x17,8x8 cm) and 2.000 HUF/bag (size: 22x28x11 cm). One person can buy only one bag. Harvest bags can be purchased until stocks are exhausted, from 9:00 o'clock until 19:00 o'clock. It is possible to pick lavender only in a harvest bag purchased at the site.
2. Every participant picks the lavender at their own risk, with their own hand tool (scissors, pruning shears, knife). If needed, a limited number of pruning shears is available at site. In order to protect the lavender shrubs, it is forbidden to pick the lavender by hand or by an unsuitable tool.
3. Picking of lavender is possible only at the designated area of the plantation.
4. Minors can participate in the lavender picking only under the auspices and responsibility of an adult.
5. After your bag is full, please bring the bag back to the stand for registration. You will be given a brochure of the Balaton-felvidéki National Park Directorate, which at the same time provides a discounted entrance fee for one adult, for two visits, at any of the visitor sites indicated in the brochure. The discount is valid until 28. February 2018.
6. Lavender plants (with roots) cannot be bought at the site. You can buy lavender plants suitable for planting and other lavender products and national park products (lavender soap, oil, chocolate, syrup, jam, souvenirs, cook book of meals with lavender, buffalo and grey cattle salami, etc.) in the Lavender House Visitor Centre, located in Tihany, on the shore of Belső-tó (Inner Lake). Rangers at the lavender plantation can provide more information.
7. Please be prepared for the weather conditions, bring drinking water and protect yourself from the sun.
8. Information from Monday to Friday (7:45-16:00): 87/555-281
Further information about the Pick It Yourself event:
Balaton-felvidéki National Park Directorate
+36 87 555 281